Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macros

JOVATO8

Can anyone tell me where I can find info on how to program MACRO on a FADAL?(OTHER THAN THE FADAL MANUAL).

I want to try to use a MACRO PROGRAM to use the INPUT from my TOOL SETTER to send signal to a device other than the tool setter.

I would think that this is possible.

Thanks

JOE

You can buy a book titled Parametric Programming for Computer Numerical Control written but Mike Lynch. It covers macros for Fadal, Okuma, and Fanuc. Best written material on this subject I have found. Get it from Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble.

HI, James

Thanks for the help.

I need to find out where to find the variables and what they are assigned to do on the FADAL 4020.Also,can new variables be created?

I have looked in the FADAL MANUALS for the variables,but cannot seem to find them.

Thanks

Joe

If your control supports variables, they are stored in a table of their own just like tool and table offsets. You can manually insert them in the table or insert them through your program. Not all Fadal controls support variables. We have a 6030, 4020, & 3016 here that support variables. We also have a small 2016 that does not.