Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help With filtering

MotorCityMinion

D2, 62 rc, .1181 bne @ 20k and 40.ipm.

I'm using SF contour, .00011 tolerance, .001 step down. The codes way too long. I have to create a good finish with a .0004 positional tolerance. What might be some good numbers in the filtering section to achive this? I tried 3:1 with a filter tolerance of .00033, cut tol. of .00011. Code got dramatically smaller, but the surfaces look corse. Any tips for this? Version X. Thanks for your time.

quote:

If X3 you might try going into the control panel, the Mastercam settings and turning off the new arc filter and revert to the older style and see if that helps

So are you saying that almost the only improvement that we got for our maintenance money in X3 MU1, can actually make the surface finish worse?

Not being at work and having a few extra parts to sacrifice while I'm there limits my ability to test out the different settings for now. I was hoping to get the code smaller so that I could run this on two machines. Friggin Haas only has 1 meg of ram and is giving me % sign errors midway through the program (running off the USB) with the standard post. Going to try the mpmaster on Monday and if that fails, I'll call Haas support and see if a Parameter or other setting needs to be tweaked. Mpmaster works flawlessly on our older Haas.

Thanks for the replies, MCM.