Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

part zero

ben

Xform / transform /all entities/ from point (You pick one that you created already)

to : type one in like X0.000 y0.000

The Z I usually find the highest point on the model then Translate/ all entities / "Z-2.8975" etc.

Thus bringing the top of my model to where I am going to touch off from.

something like that anyways...

oh and

Turn all your levels on or what you don't see wont go to it's new location when you "transform".

I use the WCS constantly,i even made files that all i have to do is import the views and assign the new origins,the offsets and stuff already are assigned ........ like G54 thru G59 and G54.1 P1 thru P48 and all the common Horizontal and Vertical machine planes....WCS is the only way to go i think

We have been using a named view with an offset applied. So far the WCS has been confusing to me. It changes all of the views around. Because we have allways been able to rotate around the part with a named view, when the top becomes the bottom, it really messes with my perspective of the part.

Av8tor -

I use the WCS alot.

When I do use them, I move my part geometry on the Mastercam WCS by placing the print datum on the defult zero. This really helps if I need to check a dimension that my geometry cooresponds to the print. Than I create a 'SETUP A' WCS at the x,y,z zero for my first setup. I assign all the operations for that setup to a named group, and the operations are assigned T/C Plane 'SETUP A'.

I do the same for supsequent setups.

Works Slick..

Kathy

I just got 9 last thursday and haven't used the new WCS yet...but that's 1 of the major reasons I was bugging the boss for it. In 8 I would put my part zeroed where I want it, then use the cplane and tplane configs inside my toolpath parameters to machine all sides of my part without ever moving it on screen. This way there's no need for me to have multiple versions of the same part on different levels or seperate files to be able to machine both sides, and I know everythings in the right place.

I've used the "WCS" in other sytems too and after you get used to it, I think it's a much better way of going at things (for me anyway). You can have multiple work offsets on the same part without ever having to move it smile.gifcool.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

AV8OR,

The main reason for NOT moving the part and moving the WCS is because when Boeing gives you a part and they say "Don't move the part", they mean it. It has been known to happen that a source inspector will come in and check coordinates on a feature and if that has moved, whose to say that the model has not been modified? A simple "I didn't change anything" will not do. This is the case for other aerspave firms. Another case for using the WCS/Named Views is when/if I get a revised model, it allows me to chenck it in the exact position the Engineer intended the component to be in. I have one part instead of many because I am approaching the part from all angles/setups/views. Change one feature on the part, it will dirty all the affected operations, regen the part, everything is Kosher now. The list of reasons for using the WCS/Named Views goes on, and on, and on. If you're not using this feature, your really missing out on a very powerful feature.

JM2C