Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

a little help on something

mikechvz

i posted a file on the FTP site under the MC9 folder titled MAC. I've had help with this kind of operation before but this time i cant figure it out to work correctly. Its only the last operation on there that needs some adjusting. Any help and pointers are always appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hey Mike,

I added the file MAC_JT.MC9 in the folder. Check out the last 2 Surface Finish Parallel paths. I think that will be what you need. If the stepover is too much (it's set at .0025) adjust as needed. 1 other thing... under the Gap Settings tab on the Finish Parallel Parameters page I set the Tangential Line Length to .1 so the tool has a little lead in/lead out on the path.

HTH

Josh

thanks josh

actually, maybe i wasnt clear with what i wante to accomplish. i was actually trying to surface that face on the backsude that has a slight angle that id have to get with a lollipop. So i was also using that purple solid to represent where my tab would be holding onto the part that i wanted to use as a check surface so my tool wont cut off my tabs. What hardmill suggested worked, but only on one side of the check surfaces. now i need to adjust it some more to get it right. Its always worked so easy, not sure why this one just wont work right yet.