Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Harvey Tool Drill / End Mills

Charlie Pierson

I am considering using a .078 drill/emill w/ a 90 deg point to make some small slots .085w in 2024 Alum. .220 deep and blind.

The machine is a DMG Sprint 65 w/ 16k rpm available w/ 4x1 speeder.

Oper was previously done w/ a drill for opening then ruff emill followed by finish emill. I am hoping to combine the drill&ruff emill w/ this tool but am concerned w/ dragging the 0 sfm point across the bottom of the slot. headscratch.gif

Bottom finish is not a problem cuz' sub-spindle opers will mill down to the slot.

Has anyone tried these drill/mills??

If so, whaddya thimk ??

thanx in advance,

cp

I used some chamfer mills from Harvey Tool a while back on some heat treated stainless and and was very pleased with them. I have also used small endmills from Harvey Tool in aluminum with great results. I have never tried any of there drill/mills but I would give them a try. They make excellent tools.