Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom holders interface for Mastercam

David Colin

Tool Assemblies do not work on toolpaths that are not treestyle parameter pages. Toolpaths like flowline or parallel or surface rough routines. These are the toolpaths Mastercam has had forever. They still do not have treestyle on these type of toolpaths. You do program with Mastercam X5 right Leigh?

Tool Assemblies do not work on toolpaths that are not treestyle parameter pages. Toolpaths like flowline or parallel or surface rough routines. These are the toolpaths Mastercam has had forever. They still do not have treestyle on these type of toolpaths. You do program with Mastercam X5 right Leigh?

I do, but those paths aren't in Level 1 so I was not aware of that.

Didn't mean to sound harsh but the holder definitions should have been in their standard surface toolpaths first. These were the toolpaths that I have used everyday since I started using Mastercam 18 years ago. I personally think this is one of the biggest mistakes they have made with X. They should have given holder definitions to their standard 2D and standard 3D toolpaths first. Then implemented holder definitions into the High Speed toolpaths. Thankfully David Updated his utility which will allow me to move from X4MU3 to X5MU1. Again Thanks David!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm new to defining custom tool holders and have gotten this tool to work for the backplot in X5 for non-tree toolpaths, but there is no tool holder displayed in the verify despite the "simulate with tool and holder" option being selected. What might I be doing wrong? The holder file referenced for the tool is a simple profile line drawing. Is there a reason it would work for backplot and not verify?

Thanks - this seems like a great tool for those of us hooked on the non-HS toolpaths.

I use this all the time in verify especially for horizontal work. Make sure you have true solid checked in the verify options. Also make sure your tool drawing is only half of the tool profile. Do not use geometry at the top and bottom of the tool profile. The ends need to stay open.

Hi this is a util I could realy use but it is not working in X5mu1 gsdgirl seams to have got it to work in backplot but not verify.

It doesn't work in either for me. Would apreciate all input. Thank you

If it works in backplot and it doesn't show in verify, problem is probably holder geometry. Try a simplier one to be sure... Perhaps, you may share your holder profile here (in dxf for example) and i'll give it a look.

Hi this is a util I could realy use but it is not working in X5mu1 gsdgirl seams to have got it to work in backplot but not verify.

It doesn't work in either for me. Would apreciate all input. Thank you

Pip - I uninstalled the tool and then re-installed it and everything is working as expected now. Hopefully this will address your issue as well as I too am running X5 MU1. Many thanks for this tool David.