Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rectangular Nesting

Maria

Salutations!

I am working with Version 8.1 Router. The problem I am having is that I am unable to nest all of my required chained items. For example, I am trying to nest 10 doors, all with the same profile just different sizes in width and height. When I proceed to have mastercam nest, it will only nest 6 or even up to 8 doors. I have yet to have all of the 10 doors nested. I am able to manually nest all the doors on one standard sheet size but my software has not. Any ideas? headscratch.gif

• 6 months later...

Similar problem. I'm using mastercam 4x. I'm cutting 20 rectangles and would like to use one tool path to do so. All 20 will not fit on one sheet. If I try to nest the 20 doors, allowing for extra sheets, it will not allow it, since it's trying to put them all on one sheet. I'd rather not do 20 different tool paths. Is it possible to have a one tool path over several sheets?

I only nest toolpaths not geometry, even if there are 20 different parts. Then I can easily re-nest according to re-order quantity.

As far as not nesting all parts goes, the only times I've had issues, I haven't checked "create necessary qty" on sheets tab and/or part rotation increment is too coarse.

• 2 weeks later...