Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple MD's using same .CONTROL file

RTcat

Is it possible to have multiple machine definitions using the same .CONTROL files? I have three .LMD's that all have the same Mitsubishi Control but machines themselves are different. Mori NL-2500SY, NL-2500Y, NL-2000. Reason I ask because for some reason Output of Sequence numbers and some other items are not sticking after I save the .CONTROL though each mach. def.

X3

Are you changing sequence numbers through

the Edit button in the Ops Manager or

Settings/Machine Def

The Edit button changes the internal copy in

THAT mcx file and is not suppossed to stick.

It applies to that mcx file only.

Edits made via Settings/Machine Definitons

are permanent and should be sticking.

Its alway a good idea to reload your machine after making edits too.

and to anwer you question.. yes multiple machine def's can access the same control file

No not through the op manager. Edits are being made through MD. It might be the fact that if you add a new post to that .CONTROL it wants to revert back to defaults for that .CONTROL file, not sure. Either way, if I continue to have problems I'll create a control file for each machine def and see how that reacts. Thanks for the tips.

You can import ALL you control manager settings from an existing one in 3 clicks.

Right click somewhere in a background on any

page and select Import /All, navigate to your good control manager and you're done.