Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File Open Error

EazyE

I tried a cpl times.. Now either the same one shows up or the one that says this file cannot be read because it is from an earlier version of MX..

I just found out that an update for windows was installed tday. . Has the latest one for windows caused anyone else problems.

Erik,

Are your files on a network?

If they are can you read and/or write to the network?

A customer had a very similar problwm a couple of weeks ago, it was a network issue

The last two days on start-up I get the Microsoft wants to load a program to find out if our version of XP is an authorized one..it is, but am wary of loading anything that might affect MC performance unless I absolutely have to. Any info on what it could do is welcome, it said this could not be uninstalled once loaded, WTF would I want that for then? Sounds like Microsoft is the only one to benefit from it tho from reading the disclaimer they did throw a few bones to whomever loads it.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having this stupid problem and its ruining my day by the minute.. Every single file that I open whether its a file merge or a dbl click on the file icon or even a fresh open all I get is the part and a box telling me that the parameter is incorrect.. WTF WTF- this is BULL... I have reloaded all defs and no change.. Anyone have anymore ideas.. I am going on 2 wks with this.....

Maybe something in your config file is corrupt..

To check this, make sure Mastercam is closed

and move your config file out of the congif folder.

Typically this would be

C:McamX3configmcamx.config.

Then launch Mastercam.. when Mastercam can't find a config file, it will generate a new default file.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

+1 to gcode. Whenever MC starts acting screwey (which os pretty rare these days for me even with Vaporware), I move that file. More often than not that fixes things right up.

EasyE,

This could be a Windows / Network issue rather than a MC problem. Try logging in with a different user profile and see if you get the same result. wink.gif

I had a similar problem recently when our IT guys gave me a new system upgrade.

Something in my Windows User Profile became corrupt and was causing Mastercam to hang up and crash every time I opened a file. eek.gif

The IT guys created a new Windows User Profile for me and that solved it. biggrin.gif

Maybe something similar has happened to your profile?

headscratch.gif

Thanks people. I have moved files to my HD and then try to open and have the same problem so I dont think its a network issue. And my hasp is local on this machine. I will try what Gcode mentioned and see what happens. If not I will resort to a format as CNC apps guy stated.. .Thanks to all for the help