Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C axis programming

roccet

I am attempting to program a simple helix.

A centerline C axis move.

Here is my problem.

I Get an Error-A Valid Cut Type was not found Check rotary settings.

I am using just a generic post with C axis capable.

The Machine is a Mori sieki mill turn. The machine has no y axis and i d not need it for this job.

What am i missing that should be an easy fix.

Keep in mind i have not programmed a C axis move in a very long time. Most of my stuff is 3axis surfacing and do not use an index move very often.

yup i checked that..

My end mill when i verify looks perpendicular to the slot i would like to cut.

but i did get it to kick out code with out an error.

not the code i was looking for .. it looks like its broken the C into segments but the C axis is correct. im sure it my settings im just not sure which settings.

here is the actual code it should have

%

O101009(SLOTTED TUBE C AXIS)

N1(.375-ENDMILL)

M69

G98M45

G28H0

G54

G0T0707

G97S6000M13

G0X2.1Z.1

Z-1.128C20.

G1X.9F5.

Z-2.247C50.

G0X2.24

Z.1

M01

N2

(C-ENDMILL)

M8

G98M45

G54

G0

G97S6000M13

G0Z.1

X2.24

Z-1.128C20.

G1X.65F5.

Z-2.247C50.

G00Z.1M9

G00X10.Z1.M5

M01

M46

M30

%

I get

c75.36

c74.291

c73.221

c71.124

c........

this is obviously another helix but i dont see in the settings where i can change this ..

when i change tool plane so the tool looks correct i get the axis error .. so truly when im looking at on the verify that is correct is not truly what its doing or post is looking for.. i have a mis match somewhere... and of course its pointing right back to me.. so operator error im sure..

I found the issue with help from 4 different people. At first it had two guys scratching there heads. smart guys to. they live and breathe C and Y axis. It turned out they had the same issues from time to time. They were so close to the answer but we all couldnt see it. Once in a while no matter what you do The Planes will default to one you dont want to use. I could not delete the plane and create a new one.. It was always defaulting.

the default was 90 Degrees off. That was the issue.

I had to completly start over and it worked flawlessly.

i did the same exact pattern of attach but instead of importing the solid and creating a plane around it. i created the plane and moved the part to the plane. Not advisable because if the client ever changes the part im screwed and have to start over again. No association .. and regen tools .. not a big deal really just something that took a bunch of my time to figure out. it wont be the last time either