Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

flowline problem

Elad

Hi,

I have only one chance to play with my flowline parameters and reg.path.

If i'll play with it one more time,and then reg.path again-boom....Mastercam crash. frown.gif

anyone had this problem??

i work with win 2000 pro (sp2)

pentium 4 1700

256mb ram

nvidia gforce 2

and a new microsoft mouse biggrin.gif (i'm sure that is the reason it crash) biggrin.gif

Thanks,

I also have had problems with flowline tool paths.

I found if i toggle single row to on,and then regen i get a crash.

Can some one tell me what the single row toggle does .

In help it sats it makes a tool path like a v8 toolpath.

I never hade a problem with flowline toolpaths in V8.

elad,

Are you using V9? Have you downloaded and installed the latest Apps patch for surface toolpaths? Also have you tried the Surface-Finish-Project-Blend_3D toolpath yet? In most cases, the 3D Blend is a better toolpath than Flowline, but it is only in V9. Do you have the same problem with other toolpaths or just Flowline? HTH smile.gif

Hi peter,

When I try to use the project-blend-3d toolpath, I get nothing. After I select surfaces, I select blend 3d-along, say ok and it brings me to the chaining dialogue with "resync:full1" in the prompt area. What else is it looking for? Any help would be appreciated as I find myself using flowline alot. I also read that project toolpaths are NOT associative. How come? Thanks

quote:

Are you using V9? Have you downloaded and installed the latest Apps patch for surface toolpaths?

As for these thoughts yes on both and I am finding what he is saying happens here to.

quote:

Surface-Finish-Project-Blend_3D toolpath yet?

As for me ,Yes and I find it to be a great tool.

Fusion,

The "resync:full1" message just means that Mcam is asking you to chain a profile to use as a boundary for the Blend. If you look at the file "3d Project Blend-I.mc9" from the Samples-New V9 folder, this will give you an idea for what the toolpath is going to do. Examine the 2 containment boundaries as those are the "resync" profiles. All toolpaths in Mastercam are associative since V8. HTH biggrin.gif

Jay,

What I was thinking was maybe there was an allocation setting that was incorrect and that's why I asked if there were other toolpaths that this was happening with. I have tried Flowline toolpaths here and they seemed to work fine, even after regens and selecting "single row". Since V9 came out with the Project-3D-Blend, I've been suggesting that instead of Flowline. HTH biggrin.gif

elad,

BTW. Less use of Microsoft products tends to reduce the amount of errors with computers and applications. biggrin.giftongue.gifwink.gif My colleague here says that when Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, it'll be a vacuum cleaner. cheers.gif

[ 07-11-2002, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott, SFA ]

Hi! smile.gif

Peter Scott said:

BTW. Less use of Microsoft products tends to reduce the amount of errors with computers and applications. My colleague here says that when Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, it'll be a vacuum cleaner. >

Let the Microsoft Mouse exist.They are good ,simple and reliable. I will leave for them also DOS which is good for diagnostgic purposes.

For else - let the UNIX rule!

And it is a pity that most of time I need to deal with Microsoft products .

At home I prefer to use Mandrake Linux 8.

Yes I know that it is most unlike to happen. confused.gif

quote:

BTW. Less use of Microsoft products tends to reduce the amount of errors with computers and applications. My colleague here says that when Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, it'll be a vacuum cleaner.

Oh man you have to love this one. cheers.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

We did have a Microsoft Optical mouse that seemed to work but every once in a while the computer that mouse was attached to would freeze up. Didn't matter what was running on it. We switched it with a Logitech Optical Wheelmouse and the computer was fine. Even with a plain, three button, PS2 mouse, the computer was fine. Any computer we attached that Microsoft mouse to would eventually freeze up. We have since gotten rid of the Microsoft mouse and everything is OK. biggrin.gif Maybe Bill Gates is good at making software but the hardware he should leave to someone else. JMHO cheers.gif

ELAD

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH FLOWLINE. HERE IS THE FIX. Load Appmch9-060302.exe and Crash. IF YOU DOWNLOADED THIS FROM MASTERCAM SITE.GOTO SEARCH AND TYPE IN "MC9 CRASH" AND READ THE THREAD ON FLOWLINE. I JUST FOUND THIS ON THE FORUM AND WILL DO WHAT IS ADVISED THIS MORNING WHEN I GET TO WORK.

GOOD LUCK

DAN WELCH

CRASH AND BURN

LIVE AND LEARN cool.gif