Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Warning on startup

Mr. Dumass

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Have you tried re-installing the product? Are you installing the Demo Version of the software? If so, try installing everything.

Hope that helps.

Easy guys - just learned today from the source I got this from that it was not legal to take his copy and run it on my machine and how precious this software is to the industry. Have looked into purchasing a student copy and traversing the path of the legally sane. Thanks though for the input.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A local College, Trade School, University that teaches Mastercam can get you hooked up with an Educational Seat. If that's not available, you can contact Mastercam's Educational Division and they can point you in the right direction.

CNC Software Inc.

Educational Division

5717 Wollochet Drive NW Suite 2A

Gig Harbor WA. 98335

Phone: 253.858.6677

Fax: 253.858.6737

Mastercam Educational

[email protected]

Hope that helps,

Mr. "D"

I have used Mastercam daily(well nearly)for 18 years. It has continued to grow with our industry to become the mature product you have today. We are soon going to (not follow but) lead.

Thank's for owning up to a mistake.

We need the registered support from all the users.

I'm just curious...you can install Mastercam (a legal CD) on to any computer, without the hasp, but you cannot run the installed software without the Hasp. Perhaps that is what happened to Mr. D.

Or is the error allocation string table specific to pirate software?

Mr. D., you could look into finding a Demo copy. As far as I know, it is for use without restriction or cost (am I right about this guys?). It won't print, save or post process. But very useful for learning on a restricted budget. You can repeat the same exercise again and again until you're a whiz!

Hugh Venables.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Th reason for the error message is because whoever decompiled the Mastercam executable to bypasss the security device (a.k.a. HASP, Dongle, etc...)screwed up when re-compiling.

quote:

Th reason for the error message is because whoever decompiled the Mastercam executable to bypasss the security device (a.k.a. HASP, Dongle, etc...)screwed up when re-compiling.

Hacking an EXE with a hex editor...yikes eek.gif

It's one of those things that either works or blows up in your face wink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Hacking an EXE with a hex editor...yikes

It's one of those things that either works or blows up in your face

Apparently a "script kiddie" was at work on his seat and it blew up. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif