Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

archive software

hi to all

newbie here. i recently bought a used bench mill (1990) with it came, manufactures software, mastercam software and dongle. the mill works fine but i would like to be able to use the mastercam software.

software description 5 1/4 floppies for mastercam lathe ver 3.03 and mill ver 3.1

dongle description 7/18/90, Parallel, cnc Software, MASTERCAM 3D, 3.2995.

my question is can this software be aquired on

3 1/2 floppies or cd and will the dongle still be valid.

many thanks in anticipation Barry [email protected]

Welcome to the forum....

Version 3 ??? That's what I learned on 16 some odd years ago. I don't think anybody is still running that on this forum. Your best bet may be to have some local computer guru copy those onto 3.5 inch floppies for you as something that old will no longer be supported. Do you have a computer old enough to run this??

You really should consider saving yourself the headaches and use a more recent supported version.

You'll need to contact the UK reseller of Mastercam. Take a look at any software license agreement. You cannot just buy a dongle off someone. You must transfer the license from that company to you.

I'm not saying you might not be able to get this to run, but you will be breaking the software license agreement.

If you just want to play around, get a demo copy of the latest version of Mastercam.

You are going to have a heck of a time finding a computer to run version 3.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You'll need an OLD pc. One with a Paralell Port and 5 1/4 Floppy Drive. Pentium 1 class at most. MS-DOS for the OS. You may be able to get it to run then. I did hear rumors of it being able to run on Windows 95. Never saw it for myself though.

You'll need to create some stuff in your Autoexec.bat file to slow down the Parallel Port so that HASP will read.

What color is the dongle?