Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Installing X4 messes up X3 post???

Bruce Caulley

Ahoy!

A strange one. It didn't take long to fix since I had a backup, but:

After installing X4 on the work PC with NO MIGRATION the X3 post for my mills went all skuif.

When using X3, F0 on 4th axis G01 moves, no thru tool coolant available, no S call in rigid tapping, and a few other minor little gremlins.

Post filename was correct, MD and CD were correct (I only use one, the rest are gone to save confusion)

I am the only one that uses MC here, so unless I have been sleep-post editing the onlky thing I can think of is that the X4 install somehow had some input??

headscratch.gif

Bruce

I didn't update. All I did was install with no migration. I will get around to setting up X4 here on the weekend.

No migration, no post/md/cd updates, just a clean X4 install. I can't think of any reason it would have affected my X3 post, but not my X2 post.

Anyway, no damage done as I had a backup. Just thought I would share in case someone had the same thing happen and couldn't explain it as well.

Bruce