Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

General selection toolbar backgroung color reset

?Mark

MCX3

For some reason this color changed to black (from yellowish) when I had to change some surface shading parameters. Surface edge is black by default and appears it doesn't play nice when background color is black as well. At least that is what I think happened.

Any suggestions? (restarting pc didn't help)

Will resetting "dialog positions" and "status bar pane contents" in MCX properties fix it?

Don't want to try it without knowing exactly what it does.

BTW, MCX4 looks good.

Thanks.

quote:

you can change the colors back to what they were

No you can't, I'm talking about the toolbar color background itself. General selection toolbar is just above the geo creation window...

All toolbars have a gray "background" color except general selection and "coordinates input" (don't really know the name of that one wink.gif ) toolbars which have "yellowish" color.

Only "general selection" has changed...

You can set the toolbar background color for two toolbars in the Colors section of the "Configuration" dialog box; General Selection and Autocursor.

Trust me, I do this all the time. I have my students set the "Autocursor" toolbar background color to Red, and I have them set the General Selection Toolbar background color to Blue.

I do this so I can say, "Go to the Blue toolbar and press this button", or "Go to the Red toolbar, no not that one, the red one, a little to the left, yep it's got the red background, ok now put the cursor in the "X" data entry field, a little to the left, keep going, that's it"... wink.gif

I was trying for a little humor there, but my point is, there is an option in the colors section to change the background color of both of those toolbars.

I thought I went thru every single color option in config setting several times and I still missed it headscratch.gifbonk.gif

I'll look there again on Monday.

Also, why would changing shading options mess this up in the first place?

Thanks for taking me back to class, Colin and Dan cheers.gif