Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool # ?

deanj

Taken from a previous post by Jamman...

quote:

NCutils/define ops/defaults. a window will appear with your default op file. Click on "save". Another window will magically appear. Right click anywhere in that window and ANOTHER MENU will appear. Click on job setup and uncheck "assign tool numbers sequentially"

This will change the default setting and your tools will import fine from then on. You may have to exit and restart MC in order for it to take affect.

Edited to say that if you want to do this for just one particular file, hit Ctrl+J for job setup and then uncheck "assign tool numbers sequentially." This will only change that file. You'll have to do this before importing any tools.

Thad

[ 07-17-2002, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: thad ]

On the same general subject--every time I get an operation from my op library, my work offset number in t/c plane changes back to -1. Not a BIG deal, however it's just one more thing I would like not to have to do everytime I import an operation (quite often).

Les.