Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

drill 0.1 deep 1.5

MAJED NIKOLA

"Easy ... Use Titex DrillS ( Made in Germany )"

the easy part is ordering the drills!! smile.gif

.1mm = .004" eek.gif

is this a mill or lathe op, if lathe, can you buy canulated stock?

we had a job very similar to these dims and we were able to purchase cannulated stock.

the issue we had with drilling such a small hole was the initial peck, the drill point would grab and snap. also you'll need a high speed spindle

for the SFM required by a drill that small.

My titex catalogue shows a solid carbide micro presision drill at Ø.1mm but it's flute length is only .5mm. i think you might find it difficult to locate a drill with such a small dia. vs. depth. you have a 15-1 ratio on dia. vs. depth and that's a whole lotta depth.

Kyocera for drills. i'm looking at one i have its .13mm x 2.31mm loc. carbide circuit board drill. i'm sure they make a .1mm with at least 2mm loc. i've drilled 440c with these 2mm deep at 35000 rpm at .5 ipm pecking at .001 per peck

with a .1 mm drl at 35000 you only get 36sfm. you need all the rmp you can get!!!!

35k eek.gifbiggrin.gif