Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 import ops from library

Thad

When I right click-Import, it takes 10 seconds (I timed it) for my library to come up. Not just the first time, but every time I import. Does anyone else see this?

The order of a bunch of ops are out of order in the list that comes up. I went into Machine Group Properties to correct the order and but they show up in the correct order. headscratch.gif I exit out and import again, and they're in the wrong order.

Thad

• 6 months later...

I'm finally getting back to this. I just installed X4 MU2 hoping to see some change. Unfortunately, it's the same 10 second lag. mad.gif

I think my library may be getting corrupted (or something) somehow in the update process. Here are some examples of file sizes from my X2 MU2 libraries and my updated X4 MU2 libraries.

code:

X2 MU2         X4 MU2

1296 kb 1299 kb

155 kb 187 kb

165 kb 201 kb

1345 kb 1339 kb

2353 kb 3693 kb <---Main library

17811 kb 15413 kb

They all got a little bit bigger (except the last one in the list headscratch.gif ) when updating to X4, but notice how much bigger my main library got when updating. That library takes 10 seconds to open. It's the only one I have trouble with. If I change my default to another library, it opens instantly. At first I thought it was because it's bigger than the others. Then I tried the 15 MB library and it opened instantly. The size of the library doesn't seem to make a difference.

Do any of you still have your libraries from previous versions that you could check the file size and see how they compare?

Does anyone know what would cause the size of the file to be so different?

Also, the order of the operations is messed up when importing. Here's what they look like when importing. Notice they're out of order.

import.jpg

Here's what they look like in the library. Notice they're in order by size.

library.jpg

Has anyone else had these issues?

EDIT: I just realized that the out of order ops *may* be listed in the order that they were saved to the library. I recognize the last 3 drills as being the last 3 ops added to that group. In case any CNC Software troubleshooters are reading this.

Thad

Yes I have the same problem with wrong order and loss of operations during import thru toolpath manager>right click>import.

Its nice to import that way, the points are not needed to be copyed to all the imported ops after import that is the case when import thru the operationmanager. Im sorry for that malfunktion and i hope cnc fix the bug soon.

This have been a problem sinse X3 and its not migration to X4 to blame. All our X4 seats have that problem when importing from not updated x4 files.

This ussue have been up here before and not been fixed.

/frostfritt