Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Upgrade to V9??

Jim Whipple

Jim,

V9 SP1 is as stable as V8. There were some issues with the initial release of V9, as there is with a major release of ANY software. The SP1 release fixed everything that I'm aware of. There are some new toolpaths, and nice additions/revamps to older toolpaths that make V9 a definite advantage to V8. There are new toolpaths/improvements for all the levels of Mill. Look in the Circle toolpaths and you'll see some new additions, as well as all the new dialog boxes for Create functions that were menu driven in V8. Upgrading to a level 3 seat will give you the opportunity to work with some new toolpaths as well. Always move forward, never look back. JMHO biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

We're going to do it, just a question of when...I was just trying to get a feel for the known problems. I also wasn't trying to slam MC in any way, I've been a user sence V6 and have had Outstanding service from my local reseller. My point was that I have read many posts about issues with V9 and was looking for thoughts on same

cheers.gif

Jim

Hi

The v9 sp1 ( hopefuly with solids) is worth the change over from V8. I have not had a V8 loaded on my PC since March . At this time the majority of power users are using V9. Soon it will be difficult to get support for V8, only because it will be more and more difficult to remember the V8 stuff. For example can you picture the differance between Verify in V8 and that TV thing we had in V6.

[ 07-19-2002, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Hopefully it has been fixed. I started using it right away at its initial release earlier this year. But I had so much trouble with toolpaths that I had full confidence with in V8 (and the boss was'nt real tickled either) that I have used V8 since then. But after hearing all the raves about V9 SP1 here, I will start using it again Monday morning. No pain, no gain.

Gary Armitstead

Santa Fe Enterprises

El Monte, CA

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

only thing I liked better about V8 is it had a cooler logo.

Yeah! The V8 logo is the $#!+!!!!!! I have a Logo Pin. I use it as a tie tack. Heh Heh, Heh!