Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic Fixture Offset

cincy k

I am trying to program my horizontal for dynamic fixture offset.

First how can i check my machine to make sure it has this option? Mori Seiki NH5000 Horizontal. 30i control.

Second does anyone have a program example they could share with me?

Thanks

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Command it in MDI. If you have it, the code will take. If you don't, you'll get an alarm. Chances are you don't have it. It's not a typical "standard" option.

Along with your height and work offsets you

should also have a page for fixture offsets.

quote:

T33

G40G80

G91G28Z0

G54

G90G10L21P1X.029Y-.081Z0.0B0C0

G54.2P1
(on)

M11

M69

G00B90.0C90.0

M10

M68

G90G94G17G00X-9.5444Y-2.0

G43Z1.95H31S3056M03

M08

G01Z-0.15F24.45

G41X-9.4944D31

Y2.0

G40X-9.5444

G0Z1.95

G00X-9.5194Y-2.0

G01Z-0.15F24.

G41X-9.4694D31

Y2.0

G40X-9.5194

G0Z1.95

G54.2P0
(off)

G49

M09

G91G28Z0

G54.2 P1 turns it on P0 is off.

This is from our NMV5000 havent used it yet on our NH.

PEACE biggrin.gif

It's supposed to be on the machine I'm just trying to make sure it's there. I took a look at the Fanuc manual and there were three settings that define which axis is the rotary and which two get comped and there were all zeros instead of a 4,2,1. Maybe that's part of the problem. The code took and i do have a fixture offset page. I didn't have it coded like that hardmill. I replaced the G54 with the G54.2 P1 so maybe that is my problem. The example in my programming manual wasn't really clear. I will try it in the morning and see what i get.

Thanks for the help.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

I'm just thinking that the parameters are not set up correctly...

That's usually the case. You have to set the function up. The FANUC manual actually is not too bad in explaining the parameters aspect of the feature. In a nutshell, you need to set up the axis of rotation/orientation so it knows how to do the math.

Dynamic work offsets and axis substitution are two different options. Our 5-axis has dynamic offsets but it does not have axis substitution. What that means is we can't map X or Y moves to the rotary axis, it has to be done in short line segments interpolating the rotary axis to the linear axis. What the dynamic work offset does, is adjust the work offset for the part being offcenter from the center of the rotary axis during those moves. HTH