Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4

Matt Boozer from L&R PT

I have been watching this post for a few days now and I see a few people are unhappy with X4.

Well, here goes my troubles. I have a mold I am working on and it is just simple 3+2 stuff. I have a few pockets at all kind of angles. Simple stuff, create planes for each of them and use standard pocket tool path followed by a contour to finish. The thing I have notices very often is that that when I post it out, I get the wrong X and Y position right A and B what the crap. banghead.gif

The work around is not the same for each one of them. Sometime deleting the toolpath and starting over fixes it and sometime just rechaining fixes it and other times creating a start point fixes it. I know that by now if other people on here had to go through those trial and trubulations to get a part off a machine they would be I frustated.

Well, I have 2 more segments out of 6 for this mold to do and I'm going to X3 MU1 as soon as this is one finished. I would go back sooner but I'm so deep into it right now I would be a little bit more of a pain to switch then deal with it for hofully today.

Maybe I'm missing something but I have done a few of these and never had this many issues before. All of this just add to the pucker factor went you walk out to the machine and right now I'm just puckered out.

In case anybody is wondering if we have vericut or something, we do not but we are in the process of getting it. This issue just made it even easier to sell to the boss man.

I would would put in some suggestion on what mastercam should do. But, that has been covored many times in the last few days. I am just basic venting. mad.gifcurse.gif

quote:

create planes for each of them

This could be your problem.

If your created planes aren't oriented correctly, you will get exactly what you describe here. Double check your t-plane and wcs indicators to be sure the plane is oriented the way you want it to be. If it is not correct, select 'planes' > 'rotate planes' then rotate (usually about Z) until you get the correct orientation. Regen your toolpath and you should be good to go. wink.gif

Go to Planes at the bottom of the screen

Click Planes/Named Views..

You'll get a list of all the planes

in the file and thier origin points.

In most cases all the planes you created

should have the same 0,0,0 origin as your

main file.

If they don't, that's why your X and Y

coordinates aren't posting properly.

To fix it, draw a point at the origin of your file

then go into the view manager and use that point

to set the origin of the incorrect planes

Well, just to put closer to this. I did work and holy crap do I feel a little better about my code go to the machine.

I do have one question is there an issue with the dynamic plane or something because up to X4 I did not have this issue. I created my planes the same way. Only this time I used the dynamic since it works much better for finding the angles.

Thanks

One of the options in Dynamic Planes is

"Move to WCS Origin" 99% of the time you'll want to use this, otherwise, the origin of your plane

( and gcode) will be at the intersection of the

dynamic geonom.

I ALWAYS do the Planes/Named View check before posting. Its a fast easy one glance safty check to be sure all your planes are origined as they sure be.

on most 5 axis posts you can also have it output code relative to the WCS origin. This eliminates the issue of making sure all of your t/c planes have the same origin as your WCS (especially when using a custom WCS). And you get the added benefit of seeing your plane display on the face you created it so you know what the plane was intended to be used for at a glance.

JM2C

Is there something that could change when you update your post. I'm do not understand much A++ programmimg right now but I am learning. But, I I have previous stated, this was never and issue before. There was a few guys in here that shed some light on the issue I shouldn't have any issues again now that it is something I pay closer attention too.

This is kinda switching gears but just trying to do some research in finding stuff that we can purchase to make ourselfs a little bit more competitive in our area as far a job shop stuff.

I kow experience is going to be a big factor but something a the line of fixtureing capabilties and verification software. we are looking into vericut.

We are just getting in to this type of work and I spoke with the boss man last night and this is something he wants to pursue.

I guess I should state the type of work but a job shop could be anything the trunnion is capable of doing from full 5axis to 3+2 type stuff. I am eager to learn. So any suggestion would be great.