Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine not running smoothly in 5-axis

Bob W.

Bob - I bet there is more tuning issues than anything, but that is a guess.

Unfortunately the paramaters are not the easy ones to get to. If you know how to get into the Axis Paramater pages, then go to the A and B axis each, you will see them.

I would get your machine sales guy envolved also, he will be the one to carry the most cout with getting the right attention.

Chris,

If you have never played with the G187 command you should give it a try. In a roughing toolpath a pocket will take half the time to machine with G187 P1 vs G187 P3 and dynamic milling absolutely hauls @ss. The E value only needs to be posted if you want to change setting 85. I have found that the E value makes little difference so I leave it alone. I have it set up as a misc real in my post.

I just spoke to the Haas rep and we changed the in position limit parameters (104 and 165) from 4000 to 8000 and it made a huge difference. The machine now runs faster with a cut tolerance of .001 than it did with a tolerance of .00025, which is how it should be. These new parameter values were just plucked out of thin air so I am curious what others have for these values with good results.

BULLETBOB - I DONT REALLY THINK YOUWILL LOOSE A WHOLE LOT OF ACCURACY UNTIL YOU START GETTING TO THE LIMITS OF THE SPEED OF THE TRUNION, BUT YOU WILL REACH A POINT WHERE CHANGING THE PARAMATERS WILL NOT GET YOU MUCH MORE SPEED, WHERE YOUR ACCURACIES WILL DICTATE HOW FAST THE PART WILL RUN.

BASICALLY ALL THOSE PARAMATERS DO IS TIME HOW OFTEN THE CONTROL CHECKS ITS POSITION, MEANING EVERY 8000 ENCODER COUNTS (WHICH IS STILL CHECKING QUITE FREQUENTLY, THEY SHOULD BE 1-MILLION PULSE ENCODERS ON THE B-AXIS, MEANS 1MILLION COUNTS PER 360 / DEGREES)

• 2 months later...

I have to move a job over from a larger machine (100hp w/ hsk 100 )to one of these small vr11 5-axis haas machines with a cat 40. I have never programmed one of these machines and all this information was very good regarding Acc and Dec. When testing the G187 P3 out at the machine it looked like it took forever to slow the machine down and a P1 look more reasonable for run times. If I program with a G187 P1 E.05 would this allow for a good finish on this machine? This ? would be aimed at FLHX95ci if you are on the forum.

Do these spindles have the cabiblity to run a 90 degree thru the spindle head for drilling. Will the spindle allow clocking at any given degree?

Thank you,

Jamey