Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mask on arc quirk?

Thad

I have got in the habit of using the letter selection for some common tasks. One of them, when selecting holes, is AA for Add points, mAsk on arc, and then AAD for All Arcs, Done. I've been using these letter combinations for weeks now and for some reason, I clicked on them this time instead of using the keyboard. I was amazed at how fast the arcs were selected when using the mouse as opposed to using the keyboard! When using the letters, you can see MC highlight all the arcs in the file...like it's thinking, which can take 2-3 seconds with a larger file. When using the mouse, it is almost instant. Is this just a quirk on my machine or does this happen to anyone else? I only do 2D programming and you would probably have to try it on a file with a lot of holes (100 or more?) to see the difference.

Thad

[ 07-29-2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: thad ]

When you use the letter keys to do the selection, where is the mouse pointer? Is it in the graphic window or on the boarder? I've noticed that if the mouse is over the graphic window, things seem to process slower. Try moving the mouse all the way down and see if that helps.

It's usually in the graphic window because I just clicked the arc to mask. That's interesting though. If I'm using the mouse to click the menu, then you're right, because the mouse isn't in the graphic window at that time. I'll make a mental note of that. Thanks Mark.

Thad