Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error when going onto parameters

mark a williams

MASTERCAM X4;For some reason when I click on the parameters for a tool path it will not show up ANYTHING if it is either a pocket or contour......every other path the parameters come up but with those two the page comes up but it does not show anything except blank windows.

Any suggestions? I have shut down the program and brought it up and still nothing. For a couple of times it did put up "BAD ARGUMENT" what ever that means.

did you use migration ??

did you drag your X3 config folder into your

X4 install ??

If you did either of these..

close Mastercam

and delete your config file

normaly

C:McamX4configmcamx.config

when you resart Mastercam it will write a new default config file which you'll need to edit back the way you like it

I never touch/move anything unless I know for sure what it does....When I put in X4 I downloaded it from the website and nothing more.

I did how ever solve it by completely shutting down my computer (ready to go home)but decided to give it one more try AND it worked.....everything was back to "normal" what ever that is (lol).

I have had situations where the Op manager gets sort of "locked" om 1 operation.

I can "unfreeze" the selected operation by the "Restore Down" and "Maximize" icons in the top right of Nastercam window ( next to the X close icon ).

I don't have to close and re-open my session