Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

This is new...now what?

Deleoan

WHATNOW-1.png

O.k still having issues with the verify for lathe (unresolved). see post "why is my backplot offset from verify" (I would link the post if I knew how..could someone else do this?)

Again backplot looks good but verify way off. My verify is just not doing what I programmed, or how the back plot is showing. Its like completely different tool paths! Here's the thing, if I verify every op, the part is almost gone. However, if I verify last op the updated stock looks good.(untill I run the verify, which just wipes out the part) headscratch.gif But that's another matter. I chose to shut down Mastercam, to see if it would then work. Started up, still no change. Thats when everything vanished!

I tried to close the software again and...

"improper argument"

Now Mastercam will not close... banghead.gif

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...this has been a bad day for me. I'm going out for a beer after work for sure!

Locking up and getting a message like you did is not just a Verify or Lathe issue.

I had a similar problem yesterday when creating a boundary for a surfacing toolpath. X4 locked up and when I tried to close X4 I got the same "You cannot close the application while a task is active" message. I had to go into Windows Task Manager and kill the process.

quote:

Why would X4 install if .net 3.5 isn't installed? Also, doesn't the X4 setup contain .net 3.5 in case it's not already installed

cuz .net frameworks are so close to each other. 3.5 didnt add too many new features (as far as I can tell). Might be a bug in the installer, might be a bug in the .net detection module. The blame can be thrown many ways so its easier to just check what you're running.

:slightly perturbed cuz jon didn't wave back:

quote:

Yes Auto save - every 45 min. (life saver)

That setting will most likely give you problems. It's better to turn it off and use a backup utility instead.

As far as verify, I've seen tons of problems with large files especially when using stl as a stock, but no problems at all on the lathe side.

quote:

Are you running mastercam x4? All other versions of mastercam required .net 3.0 but x4 requires 3.5.

Yes Running x4, and 3.5 is installed.

quote:

Good to see a new member from Colorado on this forum.

Hey mark, good to be here...I guess! wish I was here helping others instead of receiveing it!

offtopic.gif Did you go to the Broncos' vs. Dallas game?

Wow what a rush!! I have always been a workin stiff. That was my first time at a game, and what a game it was!!

quote:

That setting will most likely give you problems. It's better to turn it off and use a backup utility instead.

Thanks for the info I'll give it a shot.

Thanks everybody for your insight...Still dont know what's up with my verify though banghead.gif

I found somewhat of a "workaround" for my particular problem...Any verify I do is incorrect with the exception of drilling, as long as I only verify the last op (drilling)(even if it is not nessessary) the stock update is correct. Therefore I can at least see the correct part in verify. Just can not watch it machine it.

headscratch.gifwink.gifcool.gif

quote:

GO BRONCOS!

cheers.gif

4-0!! We'll have to see how they do against the Pats. Wish them the best but I think it'll be 4-1