Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V6.13 and Windows 7 X64

V9 will run in Win7 32-64bit, but you need to install it in the Virtual XP install. So far Im very impressed with the XP mode implementation in Win7. Very slick and easy to use.

My Win7 64bit install picked up the Hasp with no problems while in XP mode. You will have to click on USB at the top of the screen while in XP mode to allow it.

Hope this helps.

Windows 7 Business and Windows 7 Ultimate can run a Virtual Windows XP computer. Tho this solution will not work for us. Virtual Windows XP works decently tho it has network issues and driver issues that make some software hard to use, but it takes up a lot of resources that I dont have to spare all the time.

You can download the files from microsofts website. Its great for an ocaisonal use, but my GM has at least one MC open at almost ALL times.

Todd, if he has Win7 32-bit have him install it straight into Win7. I have it on my Vista 32 running fine. Seeing that Win7 is a refined Vista, it should work. I was more interested in testing the XP side of things for now.

I will be doing more testing soon. I even got Solidworks 2009 32-bit to install in the XP mode on a Win7 64-bit machine. Then I installed MCfSW and it ran fine. It was a bit choppy, but I didnt expect much from Intel 4500MHD video.

I would not try this on a slow machine. You can actually switch between both operating systems on the fly. I was updating the XP side of things while working in 7 without issues.

Here is a link to MS website with all the downloads. I would download the tool first. It checks if your CPU is capable of hardware virtualization, or if its enabled. Most of our Dell laptops came with hardware virtualization disabled in the Bios. Older or lower end CPU's may not support hardware virtualization.

MS XP mode site

Intel VT CPU list.