Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

haas 5ax positioning

Trevor Bailey

hello all.....if any of you are running trunions on a haas, have you ever seen a 178 alarm. the definition of it says - divide by zero.

what does that mean? the service guys were at my customers, could not figure the alarm out so NATURALLY it is the softwares fault, even though when the actual code is verified, all is well. if you run the code thru the control in "graphics" mode, you do not get the alarm. only until you cycle the machine, the alarm comes up.

the op is a contour ramp with .001 depth set. the holes being bored are .110 in diameter and the EM is .107. there is no wear comp set at machine.

any ideas?

We have several HASS verticals here, and they will sometime not run standard code, usually some hiccup in a contour, or a drill cycle, code that runs just fine on any other machine tool. I'd dig in and find the exact line or lines where you are getting the alarm and start from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Don, when I get back from Vacation we need to meet up maybe I can stop by one morning and introduce myself at your shop. I live near Murrieta Hot Springs and Margartia. Email me and let me know.

Haas machines can sometimes be just a real P.I.A. and other times people can have them run trouble free for years. I am sorry to say I have always been on the front edge of that having the ones at different shops that always had problems.

Trevor glad you got it figured out.

Trevor we are 5 hours ahead of you in California and this morning the kids are still asleep along with the wife so now I am just looking around for something to keep me busy till everyone wakes up. Besides I am the most relaxed I have been in along time trust me it feels good with this tropical breeze blowing sitting in a hammock. I upload some pictures of the beach to my photobucket account sometime soon so everyone can see. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 5 months later...