Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

no window?

medaq

Weird problem has happened today.

I am using V8 i know dont yell at me. I still get my work done so I am fine with it.

I am on the same computer I been using for 4 years now. But out of the blue I go to get files or save files.

And the window to pick my files is no were to be found. If I edit nc that window pops up fine. Only when i try to get a mc8 file or save a mc8 file.

I am really stuck right now. Anyhelp would be much appreciated.

I have rebooted, I have cleared out temp directories.

And when I can not get my job done in v8. I will consider moving forward.

But everything I have seen with x10 and beyond. The drawing and creation platform for me was completely backwards. Once they give me a option to bring the old tree back. I will move up.

I do not and will not after playing with the drawing version of it, can prove to me that having planes and other info on the bottom of the screen and creations tool on top of the screen will allow me to draw faster than I already can. The travel time of mouse clicks is to much for me.

If it works for you great. but it does not for me.

What OS are you running??

Have you done any Windows updates lately??

The biggest problem you are going to have sticking with V8 is hardware to run it on.

It takes a first rate geek to get V9 running on Vista or Win 7.. I'm not sure its even possible

to get V8 running on a modern OS.

If you are determined to run V8 you should probably by a new Win XP machine while you still

can... and make numerous backup copies of your

install disks.. you can't replace them.

I run windows xp pro. I have all the disks. I run my office computers offline so never no fear of virus and or updates playing havoc on system changes. and i usually build my own systems, so not to worried about the operating system and computers.

I did a reinstall into a new directory for v8, and got the file save window back, Thought I was in the clear. Then I go to my level manager, and poof it is gone :/

It is not gone. I just cant see it, I dont know if the window is off the screen or something. I have played with resolutions hoping it would resize it and let me see it to move it into view.