Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Updating post to V9 problem

millman2002

Hi ALL

I have updated several mill V7 post to version 9 and when I run them i get...

Errors were detected during posting - combined mill lathe processer. post version does not match executable version.

Combined Mill and Lathe Post Processor Version 9.00r © Copyright 1992-2002 CNC Software, Inc.

Processing file with FADALSUB...The post version does not match the executable version, Run UPDATEPST9

But I have already run UPDATEPST9 on it..

What could be wrong.

Thanks

Gray

Millman,

I get the same error every time as well. If you have a copy of that post before you updated it to V9 try running it without updating it. Otherwise deal with the errors, thats what I used to do and it didn't effect the output on mine at all. You just need to once in a while delete all the error files. biggrin.gif

Gray,

Edit the V9 updated post and search for the numbered question 1999.

It should looke like this:

# Do NOT manually change the answer for Q.1999 !

1999. Product major version number that post supports? 9

You can also search for the variables do_full_arc and helix_arc. If you don't find them, then the post wasn't updated sucessfully.

You may want to forward your V7 posts to [email protected] and explain the problem and let us look into it.

I just updated a few V7 posts and it seemed to work fine.