Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

unselect button?

Jason B.

Can someone please tell me if there is an unselect button that I can use when I am trimming stuff and I select the wrong line first and want to "unselect" it and select the correct one?

Thanks much.

I have run into this on several occasions and always seem to have to escape out and go back into the command from the start.

Esc. ?

I am hammering on esc. on the upper

Left hand of my keyboard like a telegraph operator sometimes.

When MC won't pick the right line etc I have to polygon window it or turn it a different color the select Only color etc.

If it really hairy I project the whole thing up in the air so I can window it easily and do a

Alt E Hide then clearly see the issue.

I miss having a seat of SW on my box

I would do 75% of the modeling there and import Clean, just what I want .sld files

The red cicle with the line through it near the bottom of the chaining window is for unselect.

Never use it. I always change the colour of the chain, chances are I'll need to select it more than once. ie pocket, contour...or as a surface containment boundary.

sc

I'm not chaining anything so I don't have a chaining window open. (not creating a toolpath which is where that red circle is located.) So there is no red circle with a line through it here.

I am selecting to trim an entity by clicking on the trim icon and then selecting the necessary selection of trimming one, both, etc.

When I select to trim one entity and then go to select the entity and I inadvertently pick the wrong one I can not unselect that entity. I must hit escape and that brings me all the way back to the beginning and I need to restart the command all over again.

Kyle an Colin,

Unfortunately that's not how X3 handles it. I just tried that here and it gave me an error message trying to unselect it by re clicking on that entity. It thinks I want to trim it to itself and errors out telling me that the selected entities do not intersect.

Well unfortunately it's not a complete one click solution....... When you are in the command of trimming one entity and you pick the wrong one, you go up to click the desired icon again and it actually unselects it. Now if you are in the icon of trimming one entity then it still works because it defaults back to trim one entity, but if you are in trim to position and reclick the icon, as Joe stated above, it turns that icon off and reverts back to trim one entity. You need to unclick and reclick, just as Calnet suggested above (just not having to do it to a different trimming function) But it isn't always that simple either because if you aren't fast enough, then when you go up to the toolbar with your curser, the "hint" bar comes up and you now have to......

1.) Click once to turn off tooltips

2.) Click once on trim position (or anyother icon you are using that isn't trim single)

3.) Re- click the icon you are using.

So basically, if you select the wrong entity, you are more than likely going to need to click 3 more times to fix your mistake?