Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC CRASH

JOHN@BUDNIK

HI ITS ME AGAIN JOHN@BUDNIK

OK I DID WHAT YOU GUYS SAID TO DO.

I INSTALLED A WINFAST A250 LE TD GEFORCE4 TI

WITH 64 MB DDR. IMPROVED TUBE, SHADING AND WIREFRAME AND ROTATION MUCH BETTER THAN STOCK.

BUT MASTERCAM IS STILL CRASHING ALOT!!!

CAN'T GET ANY WORK DONE SMOKE IS STARTING TO COME OUT OF THE BOSSES EARS!!

ERROR MESAGE AFTER CRASH IS

APPNAME MILL8.EXE

APPVER 0.0.0.0

MOD NAME MILL8.EXE MODVER 0.0.0.0

OFFSET 002F9A74

PENT 4 512MB RAM RUNNING WIN XP

HELP!

HELP!

HELP! SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS

JOHN WITH TAIL ON FIRE

Calm down, John.

What version MasterCam do you try to install?

If it dose not work, reinstall it. Or call your reseller for telephone support (It is very hard to help you without every detail).

Do not try any fancy set-ups yet. Basic, Basic, Basic.

There are always tomorrow.

John, two things come to mind right away.

First, do you have the latest drivers for your video card? If not check here - Nvidia drivers page then select the appropriate operating system, download the drivers and then install them.

Secondly, I see that you are running Version 8. Do you have the latest patch for that? V8.1.1 If not go here Mastercam's V8 patch page (scroll down a bit to get to the patch) Please read the directions there. I think you need version 8.1 to run the patch (You can't run the patch on V8.0) If not contact your reseller.

[ 08-14-2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Mark H ]

John,

Again, may I ask you what version is your MasterCam. Is it V8.0 or 8.1.1???

Now, please do what Mark said. 1. Get a new driver for your V-card and 2.Go to MasterCam Patch Page to download the patches your version needs. It might solve your problem.

Good Luck!

PS. tell your boss: be easy on you that set up a new computer is not required for a CNC programer.

John,

I beleive you have a bad memory stick.

You machine is acting exactly like an old Win 98

machine I used to run.

It would crash for no reason at odd intervals.

I put in new video cards, reinstalled Win 98 etc.

Nothing worked. Eventually, MC would not even open.

I had 4 memory sticks in the machine. I took them all out and tried running the machine with each one of them alone.

The machine would not run at all with one of the

sticks. I replaced that stick and MC ran fine.

John,

We've encountered problems like this in File/Save under certain combinations of Operating Systems and Graphics cards. I think the simplest solution for you is to turn off "Save thumbnail image with geometry" on the File/Save dialog. You should actually do this permanently by turning off "Save bitmap in file when saving" in the Screen/Config/Start-Exit dialog and then saving the .CFG when prompted on your way out of Screen/Config.

It always helps to explain what sort of functions are causing your crashes. Your initial post just said it crashes "a lot" - this leaves everyone to grasp at straws trying to help you.

PDG

PDG one of things that I had sugested was a clean install from a 8.1.1 disk.

I was wondering if XP home might be some of the trouble. I have not used that with MC yet my self.

this is what john is useing.

Some of he troubles went away when he upgraded with all the patchs from 8.1 to 8.1.1 from the board.

But he is still stuck with when he saves.

He has updated to a better card one of the ne Gforce4 ti cards that did help with the file on the screen from the getgo.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

John,

Just as a reference for future needs, NEVER skimp on your OS. Don't demand Professional level stability from anything that has "Home" in it's name. It may work but it may NOT. You're pretty nuch guaranteed that a "Pro" level OS is going to be able to handle tough applications.

Do yourself(and your boss) a favor, spend the few extra bucks to do the right thing. I would never reccommend any OS other than NT4.0, Win2k Pro, or XP Pro.

JM2C