Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sending files with Realterm

Odell

Does anyone use Realterm to send programs to their machines? I have an older Haas that I was using Hyperterm to send files, well ...now that I went to Win 7 Hyperterm is no longer available. Now I am trying to use Realterm and connect through a Sena Device Driver and I can't seem to get the stupid thing to work. I can connect to the machine but I can't get it to send the file. banghead.gif

I never new about this... Cimco? I found it in the MC Help. Now to figure out how to set it up and use it. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks JParis, I was unaware of this. All the other machines are hooked directly to the network so I just post my programs directly to them, this is the only one I have to "send" to.

Odell,

DTR/DSR is Data Terminal Ready/Data Set Ready. RTS/CTS is Request To Send/Clear To Send. These are flow controls. You can buy an RS232 tester from Radio Shack for about $15. This will show data communication between your devises to insure you are getting a signal when you send and receive information. The RS232 has lights that light up the individual lines of communication like TD (Data outflow), RD (incoming data), RTS and CTS, DSR and DTR, and CD (Carrier Detect) sometimes called DCD. It is very helpful. Sort of like an electricians multi-meter... it take all the guess-work out of the equation.

Since you were already sending and receiving successfully, that shouldn't be a concern so as long as your settings match, your transfers should work fine.

There shouldn't be a need for an IP Address setting. Match your settings (Baud Rate, Stop/Data Bits, Parity etc,) from the Haas and be sure they match Cimco's settings.

Keep me updated and maybe we can work through it.

BTW, IMO Cimco is a very nice Editor/Communications software. Once you get it set up, I think you'll like it.

I downloaded Hyperterm for Windows 7 and set it up the same way I had it before and It works with no problems. I still would like to get Cimco to work because i really like the way it is set up. As soon as our computer guru get's in today I will have him help me explain how this is connected a little better.