Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam kicks me when I'm down (verify and planes)

Sbarner

Hi All,

After hours of programming, I find that Mastercam X3 has a mind of it's own. It becomes Skynet. Self-aware and destructive.

I saved an stl file to use for verify. I go to verify my second machine group, which uses this stl, and all is well...for a few times. Then, it all of the sudden reverts back to some cylinder that's 2" in diameter aligned in the X axis. That stock verification has never been used in this program. Also, all of the settings that I had checked in Settings --> Configuration for change tool/color and remove chips are gone. I had no crash, no hiccups in my computer.

Also, today, first thing, I wanted to change my planes to front view to create some geometry. When I use planes, and click "Front", I get the standard dialog box that I would get if I made a new plane...ya know, define a name, work offset, check boxes for associative, set new origin.

Sigh...I am the first to admit that I make mistakes and screw stuff up...but I have no idea where the mistake was made here. I think Mastercam just wanted to kick me when I'm down on Friday after a full day of programming, and give me the finger first thing today. I'd love to get anyone's thoughts on this. Thanks.