Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine files in Server

Leandro

We do. And we do.

Or, save the custom tools to levels in the main file as opposed to external files.

Yes, network post edits are a breeze to get to everybody. I do all of our posts here, and the other grammers usually don't even know a post edit has been made.

Specially with our posts that do probing, form tools, Tool list ordering, and automatic G10 generation.

We keep everything but the personal configs on our server. I also keep my personal configs on the server for backup purposes but in my personal partition. Our custom drawn tools are on the server but each tool has it's own level. When we use the tool(s) we just merge in the geometry. We also keep templates that have common custom tools stored for a specific family of parts.

quote:

Our custom drawn tools are on the server but each tool has it's own level. When we use the tool(s) we just merge in the geometry.

We just link to the file in the custom tool def

As long as the tool folder on the network is defined properly in the machine def, Mastercam picks the tool up correctly every time.

Saves the trouble of having to import the geometry into your file when you add a tool.

We keep all the "shared resources" (tools, menus, parameters, etc.) on the server.

In difference to gcode, we also keep user config, and mouse button files on the server too. That way you can jump into any seat and always have your personal settings just the way you like them.

ok my files are now on the server even the config files. works good. I separate config and mtb files for each PC.

But prm and projectmanager.cfg file ae still in the PC.

How cann I put this in the server?

Toons: What do you mean with "mouse Button"? Did you mean the mtb file?

Thanks