Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Editor problem-line numbers

Smit

Hi all,

Just a bit ago my cimco editor re-number function quit working. Push the button, nothing happens. The remove line number button won't work either. Has anybody else seen this? Even more important, does anybody have a fix? I did a reboot, didn't work.

Thanks,

Smit

Ver. 9sp1

frown.gif

Hmmm...I tried installing Cimco from the web site...it went from bad to worse...now I get a memory error when Cimco opens, and it shuts down. As a work around I have v8.1.1 open and will use the editor in that version. That is not at all convenient though.

V9 Cimco OEM version -

On a fresh install of MCAM9 using the CIMCO editor, there are some cool math and tranlsation functions available. To find these, go to the setup/show toolbars/<> and select this - another set of icons magically appears between search and line numbers.

However - when installing the version off the CIMCO webpage - this nifty feature will disappear and never be seen again.

If anyone is listening - the math functions on all my other editors are a standard. Even EDPLUS in the mighty SmartCAM suite had this as a standard. I guess it takes awile for the rest of the planet to catch up! (LOL)

Ying,

Thanks for your information. My post was to outline that the standard has already been set that Math Functions are inside a standard editor shipped with a CAM system (EDPlus with SmartCAM, circa 1988)! By having the features available on the OEM product shipment but no longer when I upgrade from a link on this very website, is saddening.

Please tell the marketing department that we the users are demanding this as a standard feature.

Hi all,

Re: Line numbers

Make sure you have selected either the Default or the Generic ISO machine type from the drop down on the 'File toolbar', assuming that you use block numbers starting with N (i.e. N0100).

You can also check the block number configuration on the "Setup machine type/Block numbers" dialog (Select "Setup/Machine templates" from the menu and switch to the "Block numbers" tab).

Re: Crash after re-installing

The most common cause of this problem is trying to re-install the program while it is still running. Make sure the program is not running and re-install it.

If your problems persist, I will need to take a closer look at your configuration files.

Re: Missing options from latest release.

As mentioned by Ying Yang, we included the "Math option" by mistake in the vanilla v9 release.

Our marketing people are currently discussing if we should put it back in (because of your posting).

Best regards

Tom Mortensen

CIMCO Integration - Development

I tried reinstalling, everything closed, but the same results. I did, however, find a backed up version of 9 (before sp1), and copied the cimco files in to the mastercam directory, overwriting the corrupted files. That did the trick and it's working again.

Thanks for all the input.

Smit

cheers.gif

[ 08-19-2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Smit ]