Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bug in advanced multiaxes?

shazam/TPP

in X4 MU3 i have 10 curved vanes about .041 wide and .326 long on a .470 dia. the first vane is actually 11.5 degress from vertical. so i want to do a multiaxis toolpath that will act like a pencil cut just to get my root radius. i created a wcs at 11.5 degrees rotated about the x axis that i called view s-s. then i created the vane surface, the .47 dia surface and a .024 blend radius between those two surfaces. at this point i created a curve at the end of the .024r where it meets the .470 surface. my machine is limited to 4 axis (XYZand A) i then used advanced multiaxis, parallel to curve, selected the curve and the .024r surface as my drive. planes are wcs is top, tool and comp planes are view s-s. this should rotate the a axis 11.5 degrees and mill the vane, but it doesn't. i will upload to the FTP under X4 files/ curved vane zip2go

thanks all

trevor, if i offset my contour to half my endmill and then project it onto the surface, then mill it using surface project it works. what i'm trying to do is use advanced multiaxis, i get a better toolpath with that. i can rotate all my geomtry by 11.5 degrees and it will work, but i wanted to use the wcs to rotate it. hope that makes sense.

i added your file back to the FTP site with my name on the end of it. because you dont have the rotating capability, i have given you two seperate paths....3d contour using a created dynamic tplane and the other is a 5ax multisurf toolpath, parallel to curve. check my settings and do not use the ones you started with. as you will see, because of rotation limitations, you still get the same out put on code....the rotary becomes locked after positioning and then you have nothing but XYZ movements.

if you have any other questions, call or email me.