Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Home user licence???

Newbeeee™

Probably been covered in one way or another via lost dongles etc but...

We are running Autodesk Inventor LT 2010 series, which allows us to run both Inventor + Autocad LT.

On subscription, we can also run a home licence, thus allowing a bit of self training (being the sad sort that I am..).

It would be good if CNC would do this sort of thing. Mastercam is a massive thing to learn and after hours and 'playing' are usually the best ways of learning.

I know I could bring the dongle home, but I really really don't want to lose it or forget it for work.

If Autodesk can do, can CNC???

Newbee part of the issue is how thew software's are licensed Autodesk uses codes a Mastercam uses a hardware key.So what you have to do is ask the boss if you can barrow the hardware key to practice at home. you can load the software on many PC's but you can only use as many Hardware keys you have. So some times moving the key from one PC to another is a normal in some shops.

The new home learning edition is full featured and you can save files now. You can't ever post or read your files in real mastercam though. It helps if you are practicing in a file and need to turn it off to work another day. I believe your reseller will send one for free if you request it.