Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FBM Drilling frustrations

JWalthall

I am trying to figure out where I am getting rouge tool calls when using FBM Drilling. I have all of my tools in my tooling library set correctly and also the xls file and cvs file are all set correctly . When doing a FBM Drill routine I am getting rouge tool calls on some tools. I have a map file created for these tools and all of the proper tools are set in the features tree. When I then accept the FBM Drill operation I will get tool calls that are the correct tool, have the proper descritpion but the feeds and speeds are not correct. They seem to be a default setting for that size tool. I have FBM screen pointing to the correct tool library,(not on my local hard drive but on a network drive)in FBM drill. where are these tools being generated from? Also where do you set the default tool library in FBM drill menu screen? It is always pointing to the local tool library and I want to point it to a network folder.

Thanks,

J Walthall

I have solved the rouge tool issues. what it came down to is that when the solid was created by another designer in Inventor his holes where defined to have 118 deg drill points. My MC tools are all defined as the actual tool that I am using which where 135 deg points. Hence MC wants to match the tool point as per the Solid mmodel features and it could not find any tools in my library that matched so it created a tool. Once I told MC to ignor the tool point geometry everything is good. Lesson learned .

Jim Walthall