Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

generic haas 5x

Rocketmachinist

So I'm very new to the 5 axis trunnion world. I'm working on a part that only really needs 4x but the trunnion is all that I have.

I verified my program on the simulator and my part goes to A-20. B0.0 and then commences to cut. When I post for real the is comes out A20. B180 and then starts to cut.

I think I'm starting to realize that the Generic Haas 5x post makes it so the trunnion doesn't like doing negative A axis moves. I don't mind it doing that but there are a few problems.

First, how do I stop if from doing that encase I have a part that cannot be swung at 90 Degrees.

The second question, how do I update my simulator so it is using the post I'm actually using to run the machine so i can verify exactly what is happening?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I just talked to my reseller. He said that I buy a post from Inhouse that would be tied into Moduleworks.

Has anybody else done this?

Is it worth the money to buy a post from Inhouse?

I just want to have the peace of mind when I go to cut the actual part, the machine will behave in the same way that the simulator did.

Rocket,

If you're dead set on using the sim then you may have to purchase the In-House post. I currently use the Haas 5X post (with no sim) and it works great. If you're having rotational issues - trunnion rotating the A axis away from you - you can arrange the machine def to reposition to A- instead of A+. Do you know how to do this?

quote:

I currently use the Haas 5X post

quote:

Haas trunion post that is installed

with X4

That's the post I was talking about - GENERIC HAAS VF-TR_SERIES 5X MILL.PST/.MMD/.control... sorry for not being clear. It does work very well. I've changed a few things but nothing too extreme.

HTH

Josh