Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

For James & Cadcam - Talking the Talk

Jack Mitchell

For James & Cadcam.

Just a little note about my general nastiness & misdemeanor.

When I jumped into the mix of things, the Avatar discussion was just new and underway.

I know that I can have a mean disposition at times, yet I do not mean to take this out on you two, or anybody else. Who better to go up against than the Mac Daddy’s?

I made my point. Unfortunately, I challenged the both of you to an unfair game of cat & mouse.

I do not want you to make the parts, walk the walk, or anything like it. I do respect that both of you are actively involved with this forum - just as I am. We are all equals here. I am no longer a junior member. Give me the Sausage Avatar, if you will.

When I jumped in, it seemed to me that everybody patting each other on the back, no offense, it just sort of pissed me off.

I do indeed respect your expertise & knowledge, as I’m sure you also respect mine.

Please do not make the parts that I threw at you – a $475.00 job is hardly worth the effort.

Mold100 was angry & hurt, I’ll give him that much – To be young again and to challenge the old guy (Me) is actually a compliment.

Mold100, if you want to party, then let’s go, Mono ~ Mono, once it’s all said & done, I will kick your punk xxxx & I’ll sell the parts for $6,000.00 – I’m serious here. I will use you until you’re all used up.

The wisdom comes from being a professional – and yes, Jack Mitchell is a professional.

You want to party? Let’s rock**** Talk the talk? Come to poppa!

I am officially old this year, 47 in October. I am fortunate to have apprenticed five toolmakers since I’ve been in this trade. You know, the funny thing is, they all think they can take the old guy out – I’m so damn proud – I’ll kick there xxxx & I will not break a sweat – do you think I would actually give them all of it?

Seriously though, those that I have apprenticed are good soldiers. They are me – they are a proud & feisty, cocky, and full of contempt – I wouldn’t have it any other way.

About 14 years ago, I took out a Portuguese machinist. He was also the owners little bag-lick pet. We basically had to do 19 different one-off’s. I did 18 of them & Johnny did one. At the end of the day Johnny turns to me and says, I have never seen anybody like you before, you’re like a machine shop Rambo. I have always looked fondly at this as a compliment.

So here it is, James & Jayson – you are officially my choice for this year’s Machine Shop Rambo awards – be proud & don’t challenge me please – I can’t take the beating no more!

Regards, Respectfully yours, Jack

Jack,

Maybe I did jump a little out of line,but dont let the age thing fool you.What made me angry was the way you just started slamming people,professional,hardly.I am young alot going for me I know my capabilities.

The Last complete mold I built is on page 6-7 of the new competetive moldmaker magazine (Put out by Makino).And thats me on page 5 at one of my burners.Though my names not in the article,my company full of respectable elders such as yourself cant walk the the walk with me.I may only be 27,but I still have 14 years in the trade,I worked with my dad in his shop.I before coming to this shop was a CNC milling dept. supervisor in charge of 14 machining centers and 12 people(ALL older than me)I would still be there but the shop was bought out and closed by a competetor.So I would like to end this by saying I am sorry for the offense I didnt realize how ornory you can get.But I will accept any task.

Final note:Jack you are older and probably wiser than I and have been around alot longer,so as

a younger tradesman,I should not get out of line with you.DONT think of this as running from you because I am much to stubborn for that,But as showing an elder some respect. cool.gif

Mold100,

Bite the head off the bat - just like Ozzy Osborne, nothing I have ever done was published either. – do I care?, I too have also been ripped off for accreditation.

Damn, do not lay down on this and sell yourself so short.

There is nothing wrong with an argument - it’s all good.

I have always told my students that an argument is a very positive thing.

Mind you, calling somebody’s bluff might get you into a little trouble. I meant to say statement & not bluff.

I'm sorry for coming after you so strong; admittedly, I have a competitive nature, just as you have, yes, you heard me right.

DO NOT EVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT! (Here this very loudly.), otherwise I’ll kick your butt.

Your reaction is commendable, almost heroic- though strongly worded – stick to your conviction, this is what you are made of, these words are actually your parts.

Compassion & empathy are every good traits, cherish such acts of kindness, for I do.

Your signature, “First close your eyes, imagine it, then open them and cut it! “ is an incredible statement in itself. Attach your name to it if it is yours.

It’s sort of like teaching a person to have pride in craftsmanship, this is something that cannot be taught, this is something that cannot be learned, this is either in you or not.

Suck it up, we are all learning here.

Regards, Jack

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Thank you Jack.

I just have one question though, why would you choose to challenge us the way you did? Certainly you could have asked direct questions to gather information about our knowledge before you haul off and textually attack us like that. I mean c'mon, we give ALOT to this forum and ask for nothing but a simple thanks in return. To assume that because, "we teach therefore we can't" is a HUGE assumption. You know that they say when you assume right?

With all that said, thank you again for extending the olive branch.

Celebrity Jack,

I am soooo confused:

Yesterday you were a young “button pusher” trying to smoke an old toolmaker; today, you are a 47 years old master who, trained five toolmakers. Yesterday you were a rookie, who, pour pure water into the coolant tank, today, you are a “machine shop Rambo”. Yesterday you attacked Jay and James, said they could not making a part, today, you give them “officially my choice for this year’s Machine Shop Rambo awards”….Who are you? Are you real? confused.gif

Look at your posts and Mold100’s posts. Mold100 is doing far better than you (you may read them your self). “Yes, Jack Mitchell is a professional”. But, you are a different professional. CNC Software would not invite every professional for lunch (I don’t think Mold100 got an invitation). You are special.

Jay and James, worked their butt off, wrote thousands thousands posts and helped a lot of people, had earned their leadership in this forum. (James almost got kicked out of this forum by CNC Software because of his post.) Jack, you are amazing! Only a week (?) and a few posts (start with 15 posts) made you forum-world famous (every one knows Jay, James and Jack now). You turned this forum as your personal showcase. Everybody include MasterCam were waiting for your next post. Wow! You should run for some thing of Canada. What a talent!

I am glad the show is over (thank MfgEng), you have gotten whatever you wanted and there is not body got hurt. I like happy ending.

Still, I think CNC programming is wasting your talent. I guess, you will not show up at ITMS (I might be wrong).

Have a good night! cheers.gif

[ 08-22-2002, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: David S ]

Well,Well,Well Mr.Smartmouth(Jack)

I have a couple things to say to you.

First off, I've spent 21 yrs. in the trade doing

everything thrown at me. Including cutting core and cavity 6 months into the trade back in '81,

moving over to aerospace in '85 so I could get on the Bridgeport Series II NC I had seen in '83.

Then it was part-time automotive work starting in

'88 after my regular day job on Cinci 5-axis cutting B-1 parts. Next it was time to move onto

Semiconductor work in Silicon Valley because the pay was to good to pass up. Now that I've made my position clear, I would like to let you know that YOU are the worst person I have ever heard of in this trade. You blow all that crap out your hole as if your God's gift to machining. What a lame _uck you are! The best people in this trade and in the world are the ones who are Humble !!!

(James,Jay you have my utmost respect,Thank you for everything you guys do in here.)

I too have a healthy ego,just ask me I'll tell ya.

It's to bad that you're so stuck on yourself.

People that find out your a machinist instantly have a bad opinion of the rest us machinists in the world. I'll stop blowing up on your sorry _ss

now. But remember "What goes around,comes around".

Oh one other thing,Get your story straight so much crap flew out your hole I can't tell what is truth and what is lies. I hope you grow-up mentally someday, to match your age or is that IQ?

mad.gif Jim

Wow! Well let me put in my $.02.

Jack, you come out of hibernation like a nasty old bear, attacking the first thing you see. Now you want peace and admiration? I hate to ask this for our Canadian friends, but I'm hoping for an early and cold winter so you will go back into your cave and sleep a long winter.

BerTau frown.gif

Mold100,

Corey “Big Bear” Bratton – now there’s a name to be proud of.

It’s nice to finally meet you. I you are ever up in Canada, drop into In-House Solutions.

Somebody there will surely know how to get a hold of me; or better yet, email me prior to coming up - I work very close by.

James & Cadcam are so very, very, welcome as well, I would like to take you all out for lunch if we ever have the opportunity. – might be sausages though.

I won’t insult the members by responding to the latest babbling. If somebody has so much to say, my email is in the profile. For I have had enough of the soap box and consider this whole affair closed and wish to thank you guys for making this such an excellent forum.

We really need to clean up our language a little bit, - did I just say that?

I’m making an honest effort here; I wish to encourage others to consider this as well.

Webmaster, I think you watched these threads closely, and yet I believe you let the forum run its own conclusion – Thank you for your patience as well, I know this was as tough on you as it was the rest of us.

I believe this matter is closed and respectfully ask that you lock it away.

Regards, Jack

Corey,

I'll drive to Niagara Falls for this one,

Please email me, it's in my profile.

If Bratwurst it is, then surely we will be enjoying some sauerkraut with those fine sausages. – I don’t think I know anybody else that actually likes the stuff.

Also, be warned, I am also partial to German beers.

Regards, Jack

Well jack I think we can call it a day. How about the rest of you?

Guys I think there is a change of hart here per-say so let’s just move on now.

And get back to our fun.

cheers.gif

Ps, Thank you all for being so supportive of me and James.

My hat is off to you all.

good night jay

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Webby let's stuff go pretty far before he locks it up or kicks somebody. I think he's only kicked like 3 or 4 and only locked 2 or 3 threads. It's healty to have closure on discussions and sometimes they need to get heated for a bit to get resolved.

Was I close to getting kicked? rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif I've been a baaaaaaaaad boy.

biggrin.gif