Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force Y0. output for Dual tooling

Larry1958

I have a Mori NL2000 with "Y" and "C" axis. I and using a few double holders to take advantage of the "Y" axis. When calling up the tool, is there an easy way to force output for Y0. to get my tool on centerline. I am currently manual editing it. I am using the Mplmaster. Thanks in advance.

Larry,

We are using Esprit for this and I have had our post modified to make this shift. In the custom settings, we enter a number which corresponds to the X value we want the shift to happen for approach and another value for the X position on the retract.

Ask Chris to mod your post for you I am sure he can do the same with MC misc. integers.

EDIT, BTW, tell Steve I said Hi. Glad to see you guys have a Mori now!!

Larry what does your post output when you are using gang tooling like this for a tool position on the turret? Does it currently put a Y axis shift in? The post I made for our MSY Mazak puts it on Y0 and I just call it tool 15 using T151515 for one tool and T154545 for the lower tool in the same station. I then just use the correct Y offset on my tool offset page and done. I would think a Mori would be able to do the same thing.

Ron,

I spoke with him. Yes, the Mori uses a Y offset (something + or - Y0) but the issue is the shift needs to happen near the chuck since the Y axis is a compound motion. It's better to approach to a specified X value then Add YO. Then, retract to a specific X value and do a Y home command.

I’m not saying making the Y shift with the X approach won’t work. I am also not saying making the Y zero return with the X won’t work. I just prefer to make those shifts at an X value I define as opposed to making them simultaneously. If the tools are shifted near the full Y axis travel, it may be an issue or it may not. I just prefer to define the shift position.

Greg no question is a dump question. Not sure what you are asking but let me see if I can explain. If the tool is mounted above or below center then that value is entered for the Y offset. So when you call the tool and offset the display updates but the Y needs to be brought to zero to get the tool on center. Like Ron said, this can be done at the same time the x approach happens. And yes the Y is a compond motion with the X. Did I understand you correct?

Dave,

OK I see normally I use a misc interger to trigger the post to output Y0 for the offset tools as there are normally only a few of them and a flag to follow the settings through the post.

Such as

MT=00101

M321

NA1 (RESTART HERE)

G20 HP=4

G97 G95 S=224 M41 M603 BA=45. M8 TL=001001

M4

G18

G0 Z35.

Y-20.

X420.

G96 S=295

Z17.736

X409.257

Thanks for all the input. I will talk to my reseller today and see what needs to be done. Like Dave has stated, it really does need to be called out after moving away from home position. At home position I cant have a "Y"+ move or it will overtravel. So if the tool is the one on the lower part of the holder this will not work. I really need it called out after the 1st. move away from the part face.

G0 T0101

X4. Z.1

Y0.

When returning home I think the compond move would work becuase of the short distance in the "Y, or V" move compared to "U", and "W", it would make the return prior to making it to the home position.

Regards,

Larry

Larry what I think Ron and Doug are saying is that if you move in X and Y at the same time it will be ok. Example

GOT0101

Z.1

X2.0 Y0.

Just try that in MDI and see what happens. Depending on how far from center the tool is it may not be an issue. I just prefer to select an X position