Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC Machinists in Birmingham, AL area

Brian Cerkas

Gentlemen:

I'm looking for 4 CNC Machinists/ Programmers for the Birmingham, Alabama area.

My client is a machine shop that does Defense and Automotive machining and is well established in the area.

Ideally these candidates will be able to Program G-M code on Siemens 840D or Heidenhain controls, but Strong Fanuc controls will work as well.

Will need to be strong on setup and tooling selection. Those with VMC or HMC 4-5 axis for 2 of the positions and 2 positions for Twin Spindle/ Twin Turret Mill/Turn Multi Axis lathes.

This company uses Mastercam X3, and is looking for people that want to move up in the company.

Basic duties in the beginning would be Setup, Tool Selection, Minor Programming and Editing.

These are 2nd shift positions Monday through Thursday 10 hour shifts and OT is worked on Friday.

The cost of living in this area is low and this company is looking to me to find people as it's hard to find strong people with this type of background in their area.

I have personally placed over a dozen people there in the last 2 years. I am the only recruiter they work with and know this company very well.

They have opened a 2nd facility in the last 2 years and are growing. There are about 100 people working for them now and they are a leader in machining in the area.

It's family owned 1st and 2nd generation with the 2nd generation owners having hands on and drilling holes since they were 8 years old. Clean state of the art air conditioned facilities.

Pay is $20 to $25 per hour for starters. Those with exceptional experience could see more. Team leaders and Mastercam programmers there are in the $28 to $30 per hour range which is exceptional for that area.

They offer 3 months furnished apartment and after 90 days of service and once you have showed that you moved to the area permanently there is a kick back in some dollars for relocation assistance.

Anyone interested please let me know. You can email me at [email protected].

If you know of anyone who may be interested please pass on my information.

Regards,

Brian Cerkas

Technical Resources, Inc.

3030 Warrenville Road Suite 315

Lisle, IL 60532

Ph: 630-995-4100 Ext 211

Fax 630-995-4107

Toll Free 866-419-6995

www.techrecruiting.com

Does anyone know of any good machinists that could use a leg up for these positions?

This would be a great opportunity for someone that wants to move up in a company and in a year or two get trained and schooled on Mastercam. This employer invests in it's people.

I've placed 12 plus people here and I know them very well.

Thanks,

Brian Cerkas