Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath creating duplicate geo

Hello all. I have a serious issue with 2d wireframe machining. I'm using X4 MU3, viewsheets, and custom wcs setups. What seems to be happening is when I pick a closed curve to cut with 2d contour using a flat endmill then pick the same curve to 2d contour cut with a chamfer tool, I end up with 2 identical wireframe curves. Mastercam is somehow recreating the curve for every machining operation that that curve is picked for. If I machine the same curve a dozen times using different endmills, it will create a dozen curves one on top of the other. This problem didn't start until I started using view sheets, so it must somehow be linked to this. Maybe, maybe not!! Anyone got a fix, besides not using viewsheets?

Negitive on the save as geo button. I'm cutting on 6061 alum plate that I have to get an average thickness from our cnc setup guys to machine. I program with the geometry in mastercam at z0 then move it up to match the plate average before I post the toolpath. I've been doing it this way for years without issues. I just recently started using viewsheets. I don't know if translating the geo up is causing the duplicates or if it's the viewsheets. I deleted the viewsheets and disabled them in my current file to see if it is linked to viewsheets.

That's weird, sometimes when I regen a toolpath (usally 5 axis) I can see what looks like duplicate geo & I can't get rid of it until I restart mastercam. Obviously though, this is not your problem. Wish I had some other idea of what might be causing this...but I don't. frown.gifconfused.gif