Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cycle Time Calculation

Leandro

I´m using MCX4 and I have some problems with the Cycle Time Caluculation.

I´m milling just a simply Contour but my Cycle time calculation indicates that the time will be 1 h 52 min but the real time is aprox 4 hs.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Is any parameter in the Mach def or in the post that could be wrong??

Thanks

The cycle time MC calculates is based on knowing a feed rate and assuming your machine tool follows it exactly. The real world is often very different.

Have a look at your programmed feed rates and then watch the machine as it cuts to see the actual feed rate. If they don't match, there's part of your problem. If the machine can't make the programmed rate, or hold it in corners things will slow down.

Thanks koko.

Actually they are the same. Programed Feedrates and speed are the same than the machines parameters.

Actually I don´t "messure" the speed parameters in the machine. I can not be sure if the showed feed is different than the real feed.

But in this case I´m really far away of the reality.

Is there any parameter that could change the cycle time.

Thanks

Hello Leandro,

Mastercam is not accounting for the axis accelerations and decelerations as all machines are very different. Anyhow, you may be able to adjust your acc/decs by using look-ahead/high-speed codes in the gcode. You might want to check out the mpmaster post and high-speed doc. See the posts tab on this website.

Mike

A while ago I was complaining to a couple of operators that they were taking way to long on some jobs and they told me that the time on the set up sheet was way off. I told them "B*** S***". after some arguing I slipped out in the shop and found they were running the override at 50%. Make sure everything is at 100%.

Our cycle times were a bit off as well. George from MLC helped fix this problem by correcting our feedrates and rapid speeds within the "general machine parameters" in our machine definitions. Made a 4 hour part within minutes of the backplotted time.

quote:

correcting our feedrates and rapid speeds within the "general machine parameters" in our machine definitions.

Yes, this will help quite a bit but I still have not gotten very accurate times.

If someone knows how to better this it would be great since I feel this should work much better than it does. Also, taps will add hours to the time - does anyone know how to fix this?

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, taps will add hours to the time - does anyone know how to fix this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example of your settings?

I took a look at this. It appears that if you have data in the "feedrate" box it works OK.

Since we always post only pitch and SFM, some times we don't have anything in feed, that is probably the issue. I looked at two recent files and both had data in feed and I don't think I put it there. With that said, it may have been an older version that had zero for feed. I will keep an eye on it.