Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

“Verify selected operations” doesn’t display simulated machining

kender

Folks,

I’m trying to verify my machining operations. MasterCAM shows an empty view with blue background. At the same time, the Verify dialog shows that it’s going through the operations. When I backplotted toolpaths, everything looked okay.

This could be a graphics problem/ If I switch to another application and then back to MasterCAM (which still has the verify dialog), the view in MasterCAM is not repainted. Graphics is fine during all other MasterCAM activities I’ve done so far. Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family does graphics on my laptop. I’m using an external monitor plugged into the laptop, laptop’s own monitor is turned off.

As always, any suggestions, references, insight are appreciated!

- Nick

Dave, I have defined stock in Operations Manager (Machine Group-1 > Properties – Generic Mill > Stock Setup). Stock seems to be showing correctly during backplot (for example). Are there other places where I should define stock?

- Nick

quote:

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset

this is the absolutely worst video card you could

have for running Mastercam. Its is unlikey that you will get trouble free graphics out of this video card.

there are a couple of things your can try.

Go to System Config/Screen and turn GDI graphics on.

That may help, it may not

quote:

Go to System Config/Screen and turn GDI graphics on. That may help, it may not

Thanks!

Settings -> Configuration -> Screen

selected OpenGL, unchecked (default) Disable hardware acceleration, checked Disable front buffer.

Now I see the animation when I verify. But it's very jerky. The frame rate is around 5 per second.

At the same time, SolidWorks runs smoothly on the same system. So, it looks like MasterCAM is just more demanding, or it's optimized for something else.

I'm sure there are graphics card recommendations on this forum. Will search.

[ 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: kender ]

Nvdia Quadro is fisrt choice.. best place to get these in a laptop is Dell WorkStaions..

These machines are not cheap. Dell Outlet is your best bet if you want to got this route.

2nd choice is Nvidia GeForce gaining cards..

I have an $800 Win7x64 Asus laptop with a GeForce card that runs Mastercam very well.

Cards to avoid.. ATI and Intel Intergrated graphics.