Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stringing coolant codes....

Psychomill

This is for X style coolant commands... (did some searching but couldn't find what I was looking for)

Is there a way to have all the coolant codes post on the same line? For example:

Instead of:

M8

M26

M754

Have it post:

M8M26M754

In V9 and earlier, I used just have all these different options/arrangements for every which way possible. I could do the same thing in X but I'm hoping for something "flexible" with existing logic.

(MPMaster type post)

The machine/control is no problem... they'll take up to 3 m-codes.

I'm looking to see if there's a way to edit the post using X style coolant so that whatever is selected will post on the same line. I was looking into somehow tweaking pcan1, pcan2 and pcan3 but it looks like they're also controlling other canned text which may end up messing up other commands?

So based on this menu:

coolantx.jpg

The code will output all the coolant commands on the same line. If I we're to select only "Flood" and "Shower", then only those 2 will post but on the same line of code .

As I mentioned, on all MC versions up to now, I've done this by creating different command lines based on the number of variations I could command (like Flood only, ... Flood and shower only.... TSC and Shower only... TSC only .... etc, etc). I'm looking to avoid writing the post like this.....

quote:

Couldn't you make a separate custom coolant option to turn them all on at once?

No because I don't want to (I think I've been saying that.. banghead.gif )

ANYHOW....

I figured out how to string it with the existing logic. Just edit the output in "pcant_out" in the coolant section of it:

pbld, n$, *scoolantx, e$

Change to:

*scoolantx

This will now string the coolant M-codes. Only need to place a "e$" with the string line in ptlch or place the pcan, pcan1, pcan2 where it will pick up the end block for posting.

Now I can turn on ANY combination of coolant using the existing menu....

Haven't run into any other cantext issue with it.... so far anyway... wink.gif

cheers.gif