Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

v9 errors

kkominiarek

Has anyone encountered this problem?

(v9 mill level3 sp1 all updates)

I was working on project "A".....constantly saving what I newly created.....then I had to

get project "B" that I worked on last week (so far no problem)....when I went to get project "A"

to work on again these are the errors I received.....1) cannot read/find D:MCAM9TEMPBNCI.BIN

2) cannot read/find D:MCAM9TEMPIDS.TMP.....even though the .MC9 file was there Mastercam would

not read it. So I rebooted my system in hopes that this would cure the problem....it did not.

I went and searched for these files......I found them but not where the error message said they would be. I found them

in the D:MCAM9COMMONTEMP. So in an effort to get my Mastercam to read this file I created a D:MCAM9TEMP folder

and copied those 2 files from the D:MCAM9COMMONTEMP folder.

What caused my initial errors? Will this cause any future problems?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It has happened to me 2-3 times in the last year. (I was a Beta Tester). I have no idea what causes it. When you finally opened the file, were any of yur operations dirty?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Dirty operation are operations in need of regeneration (they have a red X through the NCO path). Also in Solids if you have modified the solid or the base chain and have not regenerated the solid.

One thing I can think of is if you create a solid, extrude it to a point, picking the endpoint of a line or just pick a point, then delete that entity, you'll have problems.

HTH