Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam x4 mu3/win 7 64 bit overwriting file names

PaceToolmaker

Is anybody experiencing mastercam overwriting/rename current file with a previous file path/name? Recently upgraded xp to win 7 64 bit and since we have had mastercam rename/overwrite current files with a previous file name.This has happened on 2 different pcs now. Thankfully we have backup enabled on the harddrive to save 5 backups. These files are being saved over a network. What happens is we click the save icon and sometimes it overwrites the current file name with the file path that was open previous to current file.Mastercam reseller has suggested reinstalling mastercam but have not done nothing this drastic yet.

I have seen this and can make it happen at will.

This happens if you are too quick on the gun....

If you are saving a file, and do an open or open from the MRU list before the save write is finished, you will save to the file you are trying to open.

Patience. Wait till you see the little save disk icon pop back up to normal state before you open anything else.

Since I started doing this, I have not had another save to the wrong name.

HTH