Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help Please, Transform a Transform

Fretless

I think do Transform #1 ,use Transform by coordinate, lets say 1

Have 3 more duplicate WCS set with different WCS #'s

Then Copy Paste Transform #1. Change The Work coordinate in Parameters, to lets say 2

Then Copy Paste Transform #1. Change The Work coordinate in Parameters, to lets say 3

Then Copy Paste Transform #1. Change The Work coordinate in Parameters, to lets say 4

2 Cents

Fretless,

You only need one transform op.

- Setup the transform to translate,

- check the box for "tool plane origin only",

- set the method as tool plane,

- try grouping the output by operation order,

- set it to copy the source operations,

- set the work offset numbering to assign new (if you want to use aux work offfsets start with 6)

- go to the translate tab

- set the translate to "between points"

- set the steps to how many work offsets you require

- leave the point to point set to zero because you're not changing the origin

I like gun control too, I choose to use both hands and hit what I'm aiming at with the first shot

Guys I was reading this post and I tried to duplicate what was suggested. I couldn't get it to work. First let me see if I understand what the end result should be. I have a group of toolpaths that I would like to have run at 4 different work offsets, G54, G55, G56 and G57. I tried CJep's suggestion and all I got was each toolpath running 4 times at G54. I couldn't get mchin-pilot's to work either. Maybe I didn't understand what was trying to be accomplished.

Gibbs,

Yes, I typically program everything with Mcam's WCS set to top.

I work my way around the part with user defined tool & construction planes. This way I create my stock in the Mcam top view and I never have to move it in verify, it doesn't matter what custom toolplane I have associated to the toolpath.

Qst -"Well what about if you want to use the top/front/iso Gview, you can't do that if you don't have custom WCS associated to every face"

Ans - That's what dynamic rotation is for, or a Space Pilot and if I tell Mcam to set the Gview = to the toolplane, I'm looking at the part relative to the Z+ direction.

The thing is that custom WCS will work but there are a whole bunch of other variables that I have to maintain associations for.