Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis Toolpath Problem

Is there any 5-axis programmers out here that would like to have this fixed? cheers.gif

I have tested and tested it and it just doesn’t work, I still have to make my own toolpaths to get around this problem.

I’m referring to the Multiaxis Toolpath Entry/Exit Approach and Retract height. I can not get it to feed in from the Feed plane or the Approach height, when I select the Entry/Exit stuff the Toolpath always Rapids to the start entry point; this is like rapiding right to the floor of Contour or Pocket, that wouldn’t be good! mad.gif We need the same Feed control for 5-axis Toolpath. Both Curve5axis and Swarf5axis have this Rapid problem. We need to be able to feed in and out of the Entry or Exit point.

smile.gif Other then the above problem, Curve5axis and Swarf5axis does create very good toolpaths.

Ernie Husted

Tri-Tech Precision Inc.

[ 09-01-2002, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: tri-tech5-axis ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'll try it out today or tomorrow and answer back on my opinion but at face value, I'd have to agree with you.

Is the rapid move in the NCI? Could the problem be in MP?

MillTurn, thanks for the your time.

We don't need to post it, we can see a Rapid move with Backplot.

Rapid from Clearance to Approach height, feed to start of lead-in, feed in length,thickness and height values simultaneously.

Ernie

[ 09-04-2002, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Tri-Tech ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I agree with you Ernie.

Seems as though I cannot get it to feed in those conditions and I believe it should. Thgough it's never caused a problem with the types of parts that I have done, it could potentially cause a problem if I had more stock than I thought.

James, shhhh, you're yelling! wink.gifwink.gif Turn caps lock off please. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well, considering there are probably only a couple hundred or so 5 Axis Milling machines in SoCal and a large percentage of them are in CATIA/UG houses........ do the math, then on top of that add the bootleg factor, those people don't always like to speak up when criticizing something they are getting for free....

So.... Ernie, are you saying that someone at CNC does not think this is a valid issue and that's why you're "taking it to the streets"????

JM2C

After looking at this a little closer, if you don't use either setting in entry/exit(approach height or retract height)and you set the retract to desired height and feed plane to desired height(multiaxis parameters page) and then adjust the plunge rate and the retract rate (tool parameters page)to the desired amounts would you really need the other buttons? confused.gif

Well, I am a 5 axis user but with lasers not mills! Are there any other Laser, plasma, or Waterjet people out there? I've used several CAD/CAM systems but I am new to Mastercam and having a wonderful time trying to get decent output....our support tech says "well I thought your posts worked fine." NOT. confused.gif

P.S. I agree that your problem should be fixed!

....Still fishing and very hungry. biggrin.gif

Cadcam,

You can be 4th, I'll take the fifth. cheers.gifwink.gif

We also have 2 posts with a lot of hard wired safety moves that i would like to get rid of.

I alter some of our 3-axis posts for Yasnak Matsuuras. Our 5-axis machines are Deckel-Maho 60 and 125 . I have only used 5-axis shwarf cutting on two jobs, most of our work is done in 4-axis planes on rotary tables. We found that G7 in posting for our jobs are easier to set up

Ron Roderick

[ 09-09-2002, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Ron Roderick ]